Blackberry Peach Cake And Vegan Vanilla Ice cream That You Sure Will Love!
This delicious blackberry peach bake dessert is perfect any time of year. Serve it with some vegan vanilla ice cream for an extra treat! Everyone is sure to love it.
10 oz. fresh or frozen blackberries
4 cups chopped peaches
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ cup rolled oats*
⅓ cup whole wheat pastry flour*
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons neutral flavored oil (such as sunflower or safflower)
Vegan vanilla ice cream to finish! Be it Monday blues or lazy weekends, there is nothing this blackberry peach cake can’t beat. Try this easy recipe by Tess Challis, you’ll love it for sure!
*If you’re gluten-free, you may substitute gluten-free oats and all-purpose gluten-free flour.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 10 Best Vegan-Friendly Cities Around The World
- “Pig-Out” Vegan Bacon Chips Now Available For Pre-Order
- 3 Vegan Dinner Options Your Family Will Love!
- 3 Vegan Cookie Recipes to Bake this Week!
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly oil a round pie pan and set it aside.
2. Gently combine the filling ingredients in a large bowl. Place in the pie pan.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the dry topping ingredients (oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt). Stir well to combine.
4. Drizzle the oil into the dry topping mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle evenly over the berry-peach mixture. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the topping is golden-browned.
5. Cool slightly and serve immediately and watch everyone enjoy.
Serves about 6
Don’t forget to grab your favorite vegan vanilla ice cream to top it with!
I’m a vegan chef, five-time cookbook author, and wellness coach. I live in southwest Colorado with my fabulous 14-year-old daughter, Alethea, who makes the best ever plant based pizza and peach pie. She’s been on plant based diet since birth, and I’ve been vegan since 1991—and we both love it! When I’m not writing for VPP, you can find me at Tess Challis.com
Have a favorite vegan vanilla ice cream? let us know in the comments.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: