This delicious blackberry peach bake dessert is perfect any time of year. Serve it with some vegan vanilla ice cream for an extra treat! Everyone is sure to love it.
10 oz. fresh or frozen blackberries
4 cups chopped peaches
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ cup rolled oats*
⅓ cup whole wheat pastry flour*
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons neutral flavored oil (such as sunflower or safflower)
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly oil a round pie pan and set it aside.
2. Gently combine the filling ingredients in a large bowl. Place in the pie pan.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the dry topping ingredients (oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt). Stir well to combine.
4. Drizzle the oil into the dry topping mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle evenly over the berry-peach mixture. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the topping is golden-browned.
5. Cool slightly and serve immediately and watch everyone enjoy.
Serves about 6
*If you’re gluten-free, you may substitute gluten-free oats and all-purpose gluten-free flour.
A Note From The Raise Vegan Staff
Don’t forget to check out the Facebook Group Vegan Eats For Smaller Feet, for some great ideas on easy peasy meal ideas for that amazing plant based family! If you’re looking for other like minded parents, we have the main group, Vegan Pregnancy and Parenting, and Raise Vegan over thirty thousand parents, all Raising Vegan! From homeschooling, to food and everything in between. Check out articles such as Simple Smoothie Recipes To Make At Home and Five Minute Berry Mousse.
We have you covered for every over asked question that may come your way. Raising children vegan is sometime wrought with worries about nutrition, and doubts from outside influences. You are doing an amazing thing for your kids, the planet, and most importantly, the animals. We thank you, we are grateful to you, and we admire you! Keep on rocking vegan parents, we are changing the world together!