The Ultimate and Easiest Carrot Cake Recipe
CARROT CAKE RECIPE
Carrot cake is one of my favorite cakes. I have been using this carrot cake recipe even before I turned vegan. It’s full of flavor and very moist. Really nice treat with a cup of tea or coffee. I have changed few ingredients into vegan, and it tastes even better than it did before!
You will need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 1/2 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 chopped walnuts
- 2 flaxseeds eggs ( to make 1 egg: 1tbsp ground flaxseeds mixed with 3tbsp warm water, let it set for 20 min)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
For the cream:
- 50g vegan butter
- 150 g plain vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Have you signed up for Raise Vegan Magazine?
$24 for six months subscription! Grab your copy HERE
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line bottom of 23cm round tin with baking paper and set it aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients, flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, salt and gently mix it up.
- In a separate bowl mix well sugar oil and flax eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well using wooden spoon 😉
- Add carrots and walnuts and combine everything together.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for about 40 min or until baked through in the middle of the oven.
- After the cake is baked leave it to cool down on the rack.
To make cream:
Mix vegan butter and vegan cheese with a hand mixer or a spoon. Add icing sugar and vanilla extract and mix it well.
I hope you love this carrot cake recipe as much as I do! Don’t forget to check out some of our other desserts for an amazing picnic this summer, and if you try this, be sure to let me know in the comments if you changed anything up. For more ultimate carrot cake recipe, check out Raise Vegan
A Note From The Raise Vegan Staff
Don’t forget to check out the Facebook Group Vegan Pregnancy and Parenting for some great ideas on easy peasy meal ideas for that amazing plant-based family! From homeschooling to food and everything in between. We have you covered for every over asked question that may come your way. Check out articles such as Easy Vegan Black Bean Chili Bowl and Glazed Butternut Squash.
Raising children vegan is sometimes wrought with worries about nutrition, and doubts from outside influences. You are doing an amazing thing for your kids, the planet, and most importantly, the animals. Keep on rocking vegan parents, we are changing the world together!