Delicious Crunchy Vegan Spring Rolls
This delicious crunchy vegan spring roll recipe is the only way I can get my daughter to eat “egg rolls.” Perhaps it’s because we created the recipe together? Or because they contain kid-friendly ingredients? Either way, I love feeding these delicious, healthy rolls to kids and having them ask for seconds! Veggies for the win!
- Two teaspoons toasted (dark) sesame oil
- Two large cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed
- Two teaspoons minced ginger root
- Two cups finely chopped or grated green cabbage
- One cup grated carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped kale (thick stems removed)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 rice paper wraps (white or brown)
- 1 teaspoon toasted (dark) sesame oil
Sweet and sour, sweet chili sauce, or other Asian dipping sauce of your choice
1. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium heat and add the two teaspoons toasted sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Stir-fry for thirty seconds, then add the cabbage, carrots, kale, and salt. Stir and cook for another two minutes, stirring often, just until the cabbage is lightly wilted. Remove from heat. Preheat your oven (or air fryer) to 400° F.
2. Soak each rice paper wrap in water for about ten seconds. Place on a flat surface and put ¼ cup filling in the middle. Fold the bottom of the wrap up over the filling, then fold the sides in. Next, roll all the way up. Basically, you’re making little Asian burritos. Do this seven more times.
3. Brush (or spray) a baking sheet lightly with oil (or, if using an air fryer, the bottom of the basket) to prevent sticking. Place the veggie rolls on the sheet or in the basket (don’t let them touch each other). Swipe the outsides of each wrap evenly with the remaining toasted sesame oil. Bake for ten minutes, then gently flip over. Bake for another ten minutes.
NOTE: If you’re using an air fryer, you’ll want to cook the vegan spring rolls for just ten minutes total—no need to flip. Serve with the sauce of your choice and enjoy!
Makes 8 delicious vegan spring rolls
A Note From The Staff At ‘Vegan Pregnancy and Parenting’
Happy Vegan Eating! Do not forget to check us out on the Main Facebook Group, where we discuss kids, pregnancy, nutrition and veganism in general. There are over thirty thousand vegan parents in our, all of them raising little vegans.
There is also a Vegan Eats For Smaller Feet, where parents get together, share recipes, swap disaster stories, and generally learn the best ways to hide the broccoli in the food for kids. So it’s worth checking out, and know that even though your kids are vegan, it doesn’t mean they’re going to suddenly love those brussel sprouts and carrot soup.
If Facebook isn’t your go to social media, we can usually be found liking far too many amazing dishes on Instagram. If you’re raising a vegan family, be sure to tag us on there for a chance for your vegan family to be featured, or amazing vegan dishes to appear on our main page!
Lastly, don’t forget to have a quick peek on Pinterest, where we pin all these amazing recipes and vegan friendly ideas. We receive over 250,000 weekly viewers on Pinterest, so we must be doing something right.
Happy Veganing, everyone! We are very happy that you have found us, and you’re raising little vegans. The world needs more people like you.
Raise humanity. Raise vegan!