Delicious Mushroom Stir Fry
Mushrooms are one of my favorite foods, I always find myself sneaking them into dishes where they arguably don’t belong. They are great for those following plant-based diets since they are packed full of protein, fiber, and Vitamin B. They’ve also been shown to help the immune system and inhibit the growth of cancer cells. Are mushrooms one of the only vegetables that you can get your kids to eat for dinner? Did you go a little crazy at the farmers market with how many mushrooms you decided to take home? Not to worry because here is a simple recipe for a delicious mushroom stir fry that is perfect for a lazy, weekday dinner.
You might also like:
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES TO HELP YOU CUT OUT SODA
- THIS SUMMER TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THE MOST VEGAN FRIENDLY THEME PARK
- VEGAN SPRING-HAS-SPRUNG ROLLS
- SOUL SAVING SOUP: A THICK VEGAN SOUP THAT UPLIFTS (RECIPE)
Delicious Mushroom Stir Fry (Serves 4)
- 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced crimino mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro for serving
- sesame seeds for serving
- 2 cups prepared short grain rice
- 2 cups vegetable medley
- In either a bowl or a deep dish, mix together equal parts soy sauce and water. Add all chopped mushrooms to the mixture and let sit to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a hot skillet with cooking oil, add the chopped onion and diced garlic to begin to season the pan.
- After some color begins to form on the garlic, using tongs add all the marinated portobello mushrooms to the pan. (Do not yet add the remaining mushrooms yet as the portobello take longer to cook)
- Cook the portobello mushrooms about halfway through (about 5 minutes) before adding in the reaming mushrooms from the marinade.
- Once the button and crimino mushrooms have nearly finished cooking, add in the remaining marinade that you used for the mushrooms earlier to the pan with the cooked mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro and a pinch of sesame seeds over a hot serving of rice with a side of any vegetable medley that you can make with what you already have in your fridge.
What is your favorite way to eat mushrooms? Which type is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below.