Easy Vegan Appetizer That Even Your Non-Vegan Friends Would Love
Being the only vegan in my family, I get overly worried whenever I have to host a weekend dinner or Sunday brunch. Although my closest friends and family are vegetarian, skipping the dairy becomes a tricky part because vegetarians here love their paneer (cottage cheese). There are hundreds of appetizers made only from cottage cheese! This set me on a quest to come up with a delicious vegan appetizer that would score high
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- CREAMY GREEN DRESSING FOR A HEALTHY START TO 2019
- CHECK OUT THIS VEGAN CELEBRITIES LIST AND WHAT URGED THEM TOWARDS VEGANISM
- DIRTY VEGAN SHOW A HUGE HIT
- HUGE WIN FOR ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVISTS IN CALIFORNIA PET STORES
Crispy Corn Cutlets: Easy Vegan Appetizer
My search for a quick and easy vegan appetizer recipe ended with these corn cutlets, that aren’t just mouthwatering to look
Without much ado, lets get to the recipe.
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- salt, to taste (I use 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp finely ground fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 medium-sized green chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 3/4 tbsp mango powder
- Take frozen green peas and yellow corn out of the freezer at least an hour before cooking. Or defrost them by keeping the bag(s) in a bowl of hot water.
- Blend them together to obtain a coarse paste. Do not add water.
- In a large mixing bowl, add salt, mango powder, cilantro, ginger, rice flour, green chili, and fennel seeds to the pea-corn paste.
- Mix everything well to obtain a dough-like consistency. Divide it into small balls of equal size and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep wok. When the oil is hot enough, drop the pea-corn dough balls slowly into it. Fry until golden brown. Alternatively, you can also shallow fry over a non-stick pan. Just remember to flip after 10 minutes.
Easy vegan appetizer: pea-corn cutlets are ready. Serve hot with
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN