EASY VEGAN BEAN BURRITOS RECIPE
I don’t know about you but sometimes all I want is a burrito and nothing can help my craving until I get one. These easy vegan bean burritos are a great meal, and they’re packed full of nutrients too. They’re so versatile and great for lunch boxes too which is perfect for when your little ones head back off to school.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
- 3 oz salsa
- ½ cup kidney beans or black beans
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup brown rice, cooked
- ½ sliced avocado
- ½ medium fresh tomato, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- Lettuce, shredded
- salt, pepper, cayenne
- Tortillas, burrito sized
- Cook rice according to instructions. Drain, rinse and leave to cool slightly.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together your salsa, beans, and onion and mash slightly with a fork. Try not to mash them too much as you will want some of the beans to keep their shape for your bean burritos.
- Season your bean and salsa mix with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Fill the middle of your each tortilla, in a lengthwise fashion, with your bean and salsa mix, and layer on the brown rice, avocado, red pepper, lettuce and tomato. Make sure your tortillas aren’t too full as this will make your bean burritos harder to roll.
- To roll your burrito, fold half of the tortilla over the filling. Fold in the edges on either end and roll it tightly, taking care not to break the tortilla.
- Place your tortillas seam side down in a hot skillet and grill for 3-5 minutes until crispy. Flip and repeat.
- Serve your bean burritos with guacamole, salsa or soy yogurt and enjoy.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN.STORE
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: