Homemade Peanut Butter
My obsession with peanut butter has reached new levels.
I recently decided to make my own homemade peanut butter to find out how hard it really was, and let me tell you, it was one of my best life decisions. It only takes two minutes to make and it’s super tasty! Peanut butter is usually made with hydrogenated oils, so not the healthiest of options, but this homemade version is a much healthier option. Plus all you need is three things to make it. How much easier could you get?
- 2 cups roasted whole peanuts, unsalted
- sea salt to taste
- Place the peanuts in a blender, I use my vitamix.
- Blend until the peanuts reach a paste like consistency and then add in salt to taste.
- Keep blending peanuts for 5-8 minutes until they have liquefied and are pourable.
- Once the peanut butter has liquefied, remove from blender and use in your favorite peanut butter recipes, or simply by itself!
How simple is this recipe? I was honestly shocked when I realized all I had to do was blend up some peanuts and I would get a result that was almost the same as store bought peanut butter. Why would you buy it from a store when you can make your own at home for a fraction of the cost? I use peanut butter so much at home, it’s pretty much a staple in my pantry. I am known for bringing treats to gatherings, but they will always have peanut butter in them somewhere. If you enjoyed this recipe then check out my other great peanut butter recipes like Peanut Butter Cup Granola and Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl.
Have you got your own favorite peanut butter recipe? Let me know in the comments below!
Tags: easy recipes, homemade, kid friendly recipes, peanut butter, plant based recipes, quick vegan recipes