Hulk-Inspired Matcha Green Tea Vegan Cupcakes Perfect for Avengers Endgame
I’m beyond excited for Avengers Endgame to come out and I’m sure that your kids (and maybe even yourself!) are just as excited to see what will happen during this 3-hour long film about the aftermath of Thanos’ plan to wipe out the planet, and hopefully the successful takedown of this MCU villain at the hands of some of our favorite Avengers. So while the energy and excitement are running high, why not try cooking something that matches up with the mood? Here’s hulk inspired matcha green tea vegan cupcakes that you and your kids would love.
You might also like:
- YUMMY VEGAN POTATO SALAD EVEN OMNIVORES WILL LOVE
- BBQ SAUCE GLAZED VEGETABLE SKEWERS YOU ARE GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH
- EVERYTHING VEGAN MEAL PREP COOKBOOK (BLACK BEAN BURGER RECIPE INSIDE)
- COCONUT BASED VEGAN DESSERT: DELICIOUS RAW COCONUT KEY LIME SQUARES
- COCONUT BASED VEGAN DESSERT- ‘NARKEL NARU’ THAT YOU’LL LOVE
For the Matcha Green Tea Vegan Cupcakes
In preparation for the film, packing a lot of delicious snacks to take to the movie with you is a great way to cut down on money spent at the theatre. Even better, this treat would be great back home after seeing the film. Bruce Banner/The Hulk is one of my favorite Marvel characters so it only makes sense to tribute him in the form of a delicious and very slightly healthy cupcake! Keep reading to see how you can make Hulk inspired matcha green tea vegan cupcakes for your Avengers Endgame night.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 chia seed “eggs” (1 tbsp chia seeds with 2.5 tbsp water per “egg”)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, sift together the almond flour, sugar, salt and matcha.
- Add in your wet ingredients (chia seed “eggs”, almond milk, vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla) and mix together well using a hand mixer or a standing mixer.
- In a cupcake pan with cupcake liners (purple are the best to look like the traditional Hulk’s pants!), fill in the batter and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool completely on a baking rack before frosting.
For the frosting
- 1/2 cup vegan butter of your choice
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- purple vegan sprinkles (to add on at the end)
- Using a high powered mixer, cream together all ingredients until you have a smooth and frosting-like consistency.
- Frost the cupcakes with the green icing using a piping bag and optionally top with purple vegan sprinkles to complete the Hulk-inspired look!
Will you make these Hulk-inspired matcha green tea vegan cupcakes for your kids when they go to see Avengers Endgame? Let me know in the comments below.