Kid Approved Vegan French Toast Recipe
What kid doesn’t love vegan French toast?
This super simple, yet delicious recipe is going to be a sure hit on those weekend mornings when your kids decide they don’t want their regular oatmeal or cereal for breakfast. Vegan, dairy-free, and nut-free? Yes, please!
- 1 loaf day-old bread of your choice (you can use gluten-free bread too!)
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 2 tbsp flour (you can use gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Blend all ingredients together except bread and place in a shallow bowl.
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat and add oil.
- Take a single slice of bread and place in your mixture for 2-3 seconds, then flip and soak the other side for an additional 2-3 seconds. Remove from the mixture and hold over the bowl to let the excess drip off. Place your bread in the hot skillet.
- Cook your vegan french toast for 4-6 minutes per side, until it looks crispy but not burned. If your bread is not finished cooking yet, it will be hard to remove from the pan. Continue to cook it until it removes easily from the pan.
- When your french toast is fully cooked transfer to a serving dish and cover in toppings of your choice.
And there you have it! A super simple but delicious vegan French toast recipe sure to knock the socks off your kids on a weekend morning. This dish is best served while still hot, and you can top it with sliced bananas, strawberries, blueberries or syrup of our choice to make it a sweet treat.
Do you have a vegan French toast recipe you want to share? Let us know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to subscribe to Raise Vegan magazine for more delicious vegan recipes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: