Marathon Madness Vegan Recovery Smoothie Recipe
It’s fall marathon madness season and we all know that nutrition is extremely important for performance, it’s equally important for recovery. This marathon madness recovery smoothie recipe is delicious and packs a punch.
Whether you’ve just finished a long run or killed your bucket list marathon, this recovery smoothie recipe is packed full of protein, magnesium, and omega 3-6-9 fatty acids to boost your recovery. Hemp hearts are the major protein source for this drink. In addition to being a complete protein source, hemp hearts also contain the ideal balance of omega 3-6-9 fatty acids and are high in fiber. Not to mention it’s delicious!!
- 1/2 cup fresh red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup destemmed kale
- 1 large sweet apple, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 medium/large stalk celery , chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil (optional)
- 1/2 frozen banana (I like to freeze my bananas in halves when they start to turn brown)
- 4 ice cubes, or as needed
Directions for recovery smoothie recipe:
- Juice a red grapefruit and add 1/2 cup grapefruit juice to the blender.
- Add the kale, apple, cucumber, celery, hemp, mango, mint, coconut oil (if using), banana and ice.
- Blend on high until super smooth. (If using a Vitamix, use the tamper stick to push it down until it blends). You can add a bit of water if necessary to get it blending.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately!
This recovery smoothie recipe makes enough for a large glass with some leftover so you can also divide it into two servings and save one for later.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: