Nutritious And Tangy Vegan Chickpea Salad
Chickpea is a protein rich legume that offers some amazing health benefits. If you are looking for ways to incorporate it in your diet, here’s a fairly simple chickpea salad recipe.
You might also like:
- Vegan Chickpea curry- bursting flavors and bountiful aroma
- Red Kidney Beans Curry- All Things Spicy, Tangy And Savory
- Vegan Meal Planning: Anti Bloating Spices That Should Be In Every Pantry
- Munch On These Spinach Potato Pea Vegan Cutlets
Vegan Chickpea Salad
Chickpea is a rich source of minerals, vitamins, fiber, protein, carbohydrates and has long been considered an integral part of healthy weight management diets. The grainy texture and nutty flavor makes them an excellent ingredient both for curry or nutritious salad.
100 grams of chickpea provide 364 calories and 6 grams of fat. It contains 19 grams of protein, 61 g carbohydrates, 24 mg sodium, and 875 mg potassium. For a daily recommended 2000 calories diet, 100 g chickpea fulfills 10% of daily calcium needs, 34% iron, 28% magnesium, 25% Vitamin B-6, 6% of Vitamin C and 1% of Vitamin A.
Without much ado, let’s get to the recipe.
- Boiled or canned chickpea- one cup
- Broccoli florets- 1/2 cup
- Diced onion- one medium
- Diced tomato- one medium
- Finely chopped green chili (optional)- one medium
- Diced cucumber- 1 medium
- Frozen corn- 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon vinegerette
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon oil to slightly toss
- In a shallow pan heat oil slightly. Add broccoli florets, onion and green chilies to it. Saute it very lightly.
- Add tomatoes and cucumber. Mix well.
- Add corns and chickpea. Season with vinegerette, pepper, black salt and regular salt. Toss well to coat chickpea with the spices.
- Turn the heat off and add lime juice. Toss well again.