Scrumptious Vegan Fried Rice Recipe To Try This Weekend
Vegan fried rice is a delicious side dish that goes great with any stir fry. It’s easy to make in a small batch for a quick and filling dinner but it is also just as great to make in a large batch for a potluck among friends. It can be customized to include a vegan “chicken” to look more authentic, or you choose to add in some extra vegetables such as broccoli and bell pepper for a more nutritious meal. Here is how you can make a fantastic vegan fried rice that your family will be sure to love as either a side or a main dish.
You might also like:
- BREAKFAST TEX-MEX INSPIRED GUACAMOLE AND BELL PEPPER BOATS
- A QUICK AND DELICIOUS SNACK: VEGAN CHICKPEA EGG SALAD SANDWICH
- VEGAN MEAL PLANNING FOR WEIGHT LOSS? TRY THIS DETOX JUICE RECIPE
- VEGAN ZUCCHINI AND EGGPLANT LASAGNA WITH HOME MADE VEGAN RICOTTA
Scrumptious Vegan Fried Rice
(Serves 4 )
- 2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 4 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg
- 1 cup frozen or canned peas
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 green onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegan chicken alternative (Gardein has a great selection)
- ½ small head of broccoli
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- Cook jasmine rice as normal. Let cool completely and store in the fridge for thirty minutes or until cold.
- Peel the carrot before cutting into small cubes, dice the yellow onion, chop the green onion and finely chop the garlic.
- In a large skillet with vegetable oil cook the garlic, carrot and yellow onion on medium-high heat until the carrot is almost tender.
- (Optional) Add in florets of broccoli and diced bell pepper to the large skillet.
- As the garlic, carrot, and onion mixture is cooking, in another small pan, cook the vegan egg according to the package’s instructions. Take off heat as soon as they are done.
- Add in the rice, peas, green onion and vegan egg to the garlic, carrot, and onion. Mix well.
- (Optional) Add in your cooked vegan chicken substitute of choice to the rice.
- Add the rice vinegar and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to ensure equal coverage.
- Cover the skillet and turn heat to low. Let the rice sit on low heat until it is completely warmed.
- Serve as either a main dish or as a side to a vegetable stir fry. Optionally top with sriracha for a spicy kick.
What would you serve with this vegan fried rice? Let me know in the comments below.