The Best 10 Bean and Sausage Soup Recipe
This vegan bean and sausage soup is a great meal if you are looking for something to fill you up and bump up your plant protein for the day. Just by eating the beans alone you are looking at 10 grams of protein for just 1/4 of a cup. Add in the sausage and you have a hearty bowl that will keep you full for hours. I love to add a variety of toppings, but if I could make a suggestion green onion and vegan sour cream make the flavors elevated that much more.
- 1 lb 10 bean soup mix, rinsed and drained
- 10 cups water
- 5 cubes not
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 14 ounces lean veggie sausage
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Find Out What Forms of Birth Control are Safe to Use While Breastfeeding
- Predicted Top 25 Baby Girl Names 2019
- Vegans, Vegetarianism and Beer- All Your Doubts Answered Here
- Vegan Jerky is Going to be HUGE in 2019
- Why Are Christmas Gifts So Expensive? This Single Mom Has Had Enough
- What is Parallel Parenting, and Why It Could Work for You
DIRECTIONS FOR BEAN AND SAUSAGE SOUP
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and celery and sauté for a few minutes until onions appear to be translucent. Add garlic and sausage. With a potato masher, mash veggie sausage and break down meat until a crumbly texture. Let brown for about 5 minutes making sure to stir consistently to prevent as much sticking to the bottom as possible.
- Add water to deglaze the pan and bring to a boil. Add bouillon cubes and let dissolve and pour in cumin. Add beans slowly, to prevent splashing. Let the soup boil for 5 minutes and reduce to a low simmer.
- Simmer for about 2 – 2 1/2 hours, When the beans are tender your soup is ready. Salt and pepper to taste.
Note: If you use a veggie sausage that is not lean brown sausage first, remove from pot, and drain fat before you start to sauté the vegetables. Or you can use to fat and omit the oil.
Have a favorite vegan bean and sausage soup? Drop the link in the comments!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Vegans and Drinking- Uncovering the Vegan Wine Saga
- Delicious Vegan Powdered Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Is Meghan Markle Vegan? Will She Raise Her Kid On A Plant Based Diet?
- New Vegan and Cruelty Free Makeup, Just in Time For Christmas
- Vegans Take Center Stage With 2nd Food Proteins Asia 2019 Summit
- The Bravado of Not Being Manly Enough While Vegan