The best back to school vegan snacks for vegan kids
Trying to think of back to school vegan snacks when the bus is moments away, little people are screaming ‘not grapes again!’ and you can feel a tension headache coming on. All before 7am. it’s not easy being a parent something, or ever. Yet, these make-ahead snack bars are the ultimate in energy, goodness,
Homemade energy back to school vegan snacks
*For nut free schools, sub out the almond for pumpkin or sunflower butter
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tightly stuffed cup of pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup vegan honey substitute
- 1/4 cup creamy almond or sunflower butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 deg. and toast the almonds for 15-mins.
- Put dates in the blender for around 1-2 mins, it should resemble a dough.
- Put the oats, almonds, and dates in a large mixing bowl. Add seeds and leave to the side.
- Gently heat up on a low heat your vegan honey and nut or sunflower butter in a pan. stir in your mixture from the bowl. You may have to get a little messy and use your hands to mix it up.
- Transfer to an 8×8 dish lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Cover with plastic wrap and press down with something flat, such as a pan, to get them really packed tight. This will help them from being crumbly. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove bars from the dish and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. That’s it, you have the best and easiest
back toschool vegan snacks for your kids!
Have back to school vegan snacks that worked for you? share them in the comments!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: