Vegan and Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe
This delicious vegan and gluten free strawberry rhubarb pie recipe is one of my favorite desserts to make when rhubarb comes into season. It has a great combination of sweet and tart. It’s a simple recipe, but the results are fabulous. Serve it with some delicious homemade vegan ice cream and watch it disappear!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup rhubarb, fresh or thawed
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 and lightly oil an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stems the leaves off of the rhubarb, being sure to trim at least ¼ inch off the ends of rhubarb. Chop the rhubarb into ½-1 inch pieces, placing into a medium bowl. Slice the strawberries and add to the bowl. Add maple syrup and coconut oil and mix well.
- If using frozen rhubarb, you will need to transfer the mixture to a pot and heat over medium heat as the coconut oil will solidify against the cold rhubarb. Heat until melted and remove from heat.
- Add the fruit mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 -45 minutes or until the topping has crisped and turned golden brown.
If you’re in a baking mood and want to try your hand at the state fair this weekend. We have some awesome pies and other desserts below!
These cupcakes don’t need to make a compelling argument in order to be made. We’re convinced as soon as we saw the end result. They are great for a little one’s birthday party. of course, that is, if you can stop yourself from eating them all straight from the oven. The recipe is really easy and straightforward, so you can get the kids in on the baking too.
RELATED: STRAWBERRY CREAM BARS
READ MORE: RASPBERRY PUDDING
This carrot cake recipe is rich and delicious, yet free from refined flours, artificial ingredients, and cholesterol. And bonus—no one will ever guess it’s vegan, so feel free to serve it to omnivores with full confidence!
RELATED: RAISE VEGAN DESSERTS EBOOK
Tags: desserts, Food, kid friendly food, PIES, PLANT BASED PIES, Recipes, STRAWBERRIES, STRAWBERRY, vegan desserts