Vegan Cashew Alfredo Sauce- The Creamiest Plant Based Sauce
Pasta is one of the easiest dishes, especially in a vegan household. But sometimes red sauce gets a little mundane and you don’t have many options since most cream sauces are made with dairy. Cashews are a great base for anything creamy whether it is sweet or savory. Not only can it become a “milky” texture , but it takes on a number of flavors and is a great blank canvas. This Cashew Alfredo Sauce has a great cheesy flavor and a hint of garlic that mimics a traditional Alfredo sauce without the use of dairy. Not to mention, this particular recipe is completely plant-based and uses whole foods and spices. This is a great recipe for anyone trying to eat more whole food plant based in conjunction with eating vegan. You can add this sauce to pasta for a typical alfredo dish or just over a huge plate of steamed vegetables. Which ever way you like to eat alfredo sauce be certain this is a guilt-free version that will be used over and over again.
Cashew Alfredo Sauce recipe continues below
You might also like:
- SINGER HALSEY SHARES PET ADOPTION STORY ON INSTAGRAM
- PETTING ZOOS AT THE CHRISTMAS MARKET
- 5 VEGAN THINGS FROM AMERICA THAT I MISS WHILE I’M IN FRANCE
- GUIDE FOR EXPECTING MOMS TO GLAM UP WITH CRUELTY FREE MAKEUP THIS NEW YEAR
- 3 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS FOR VEGANS TO FOLLOW IN 2019
Plant-based Cashew Alfredo Sauce
- 10 oz raw unsalted cashews (soaked overnight or for 4 hours in warm water)
- 1- 1/2 cups water
- 3 tsp fresh garlic, minced (approx. 3 large cloves)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a blender add soaked cashews start with 1 1/4 cup of water and pulse a few times to break down cashews. Add all other ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth about 2-3 minutes. Add remaining water a tablespoon at a time until preferred consistency reached.
What are your thoughts on this Cashew Alfredo Sauce recipe? Comment below.
Pick up six issues of Raise Vegan Magazine for only $29.40!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: