Vegan Chickpea Jalapeño Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe
Love cream sauces? Try this healthy vegan nacho cheese sauce recipe with a delicious chickpea and Jalapeño twist.
Salsa, guacamole, and nacho cheese. The perfect trio to top a big stack of crispy tortilla chips. A huge part about being plant-based vegan is the creativity involved. You can take healthy foods and mix them together to make a delicious replication of an otherwise fattening dairy sauce. Normally cashews are the go-to for a vegan cream sauce, and for good reason because of the flavors they can take on so well. But I prefer chickpeas because they are lower in fat and are a great source of protein. I also added a jalapeño to give it a little bit of a bite, but the good thing is if you want to keep milder omit the pepper just like that. Alternatively, if you like it spicy don’t be afraid to throw a few seeds into the blender. Regardless, if you like a little spice or a little more subtle, this nacho cheese sauce recipe is quick and a great addition to taco night with the family or a simple dip for the freshly opened bag of chips.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Choc-Chip Sugar Cookies
- Delicious Vegan Zucchini Cheddar Drop Biscuits Recipe
- Chocolate Mint Energy Cookie Recipe
- Irrisistable Vegan Smores Cookies Bars
Chickpea Jalapeño Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 2 cups water
- Add all ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until completely smooth. If you feel that it is a little thick, add another 1/4 cup water.
- To warm, place a serving in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 10-second increments, stirring in between, until desired temperature is reached.
What is your take on this vegan chickpea jalapeño nacho cheese sauce recipe? Let us know your feedback in the comments below.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Tips For Living A Zero-Waste Lifestyle
- Beef Cow Rescued From Hurricane Florence Flood Waters Finds Forever Home.
- The Delicate Balance Between Vitamin D Deficiency and Melanoma Prevention
- Arugula Pesto You Need To Try