Vegan Detox Soup To Kickstart Your Healthy Living Routine
In search of the perfect vegan detox soup recipe? Here’s one!
Eating extra undoubtedly is one of the most volunteered mistakes at least I commit. Usually, I stay away from sugar and carbs, but that doesn’t happen always. In that case, for the next few days, I balance my diets with filling, yet healthy soups. This recipe is one such.
You might also like:
- VEGAN RICE KRISPIES TREATS: A SWEET SURPRISE FOR VEGAN KIDS
- VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE CUPS YOUR VEGAN KIDS WOULD LOVE
- MY VEGAN KIDS WANT TO EAT OMNIVORE- WHAT DO I DO?
- CHATTING WITH NY BASED 100% VEGAN WELLNESS BRAND PURSOMA
Vegan Detox Soup
Where we often resort to detox drinks, we completely neglect the importance of detox soups. Yes, you heard that right. There are detox soups. I have tried a few and today I am sharing my favorite one. This one employs lentils for the protein boost and lots of veggies and just seasonings. You can opt out lentils if you want and replace with mushrooms. But lentil is recommended (unless allergic).
- Red bell pepper– 1 whole medium sized; diced
- Carrot– ½ cup; diced
- French beans– 10; roughly chopped
- Broccoli– 8 to 10 florets
- Mushroom– a handful; chopped in chunks (optional)
- Celery stem– ½ cup
- Beetroot– ½ cup diced
- Ginger– 1 inch; chopped
- Tomato– 1 whole; medium-sized; diced (can use half cup puree as well)
- Vegetable stock– 500 ml
- White pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Sesame oil– to temper the soup
- Any lentil of your choice- ¼th cup; (I choose red lentil)
- Wash the red (or any) lentil thoroughly and keep aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan. Put a tablespoon of sesame oil. Add the ginger and sauté for a few seconds. Now add the celery stalk and mushrooms (if using) and stir until the mushroom changes color.
- Now add the French beans, red bell pepper, carrot, beetroot and stir fry for two minutes.
- Add the broccoli and keep stirring. Keep stirring until the veggies change their color slightly.
- Now add the red lentil and tomato (or puree) and stir until the lentil changes their color and the ingredients should be a bit soft.
- At this stage, you must be getting a delicious aroma. Now add the vegetable stock and salt and pepper and bring the soup to a hearty boil.
- Add some hot water if you need, depending on the consistency you want. Do not add cold water.
- Let it simmer until the lentil is thoroughly cooked. Check once by squishing the lentil between your fingers.
- Check the seasoning and add a few drops of sesame oil after turning down the flame.
Your vegan detox soup is ready! This soup is on the heavier side and can be taken as breakfast, lunch or dinner accompanied with your favorite vegan bread. It is extremely nutritious and filling. You can have this with some homemade croutons as well. Enjoy a steaming bowl of this and feel the difference in your system. You can add or subtract any vegetable of your choice. Remember, vegetable stock is an extremely intense detox product.
Did you like this recipe? Do you have another vegan detox soup recipe and would like to share with our readers? Let me know your thoughts in comments.