Vegan Rainbow Lasagna Recipe You Have To Try
A tasty lasagna is always my ‘go-to’ meal at home. It’s easy to make, a good crowd pleaser and this vegan rainbow lasagna gets the kids really excited about eating something so colorful.
- Box of Lasagne Sheets
- 6 medium golden beetroots
- 6 medium red beetroots
- 9 large tomatoes
- 3 bunch basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
- 9 shallots chopped finely
- 4 cloves of garlic diced finely.
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 9 Tbsp vegetable stock
- 3 cup tinned diced tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 4 dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- Olive oil to prevent your vegan rainbow lasagna from sticking
- 15 Tablespoons of cashews, soaked overnight in the fridge
- 3 Tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 full lemon
- 6 chopped basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2.5 teaspoons of ground nutmeg
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
Directions for your vegan rainbow lasagna
- Cook the lasagna sheets according to the box, and then set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the beets individually in foil and place in a pan. Roast for 60 mins or until the beets are soft. Run them under cold water and peel the skins off. They should easily push off.
- While your beets are cooking, move onto the next stage and prepare your ricotta. Rinse the soaked cashews and blend with the pumpkin seeds, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, basil, parsley, and nutmeg. Add water if you feel it is too thick. Store in the fridge until you need it again.
- Making your sauce next, use a little oil (or water if you want to be oil free) in a pan, on medium heat, cook the shallots until they are soft, add garlic, red pepper and pour in broth and tomatoes. Let it simmer for ten mins.
- Slice your beets and tomatoes.
- To assemble, use an oven safe dish, and layer one-third of the sauce at the bottom, place sheets of lasagna to cover, place one-third of the beets and tomato slices and then lasagna, keep going until you have no ingredients left. Top your vegan rainbow lasagna with the ricotta mixture.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for 15 mins or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: