Vegan Sloppy Joes: Easy Dinner for Exhausted Parents
Vegan Sloppy Joes, an easy dinner for exhausted parents like me!
I know I’m supposed to be all energized and focused on my new year, new me bullsh*t. I’m not, I’m still exhausted from the holidays. Between post-Christmas exhaustion and a crazy work schedule, some nights I just want to make something for dinner that’s easy and somewhat healthy-ish. I literally just want to scoop sh*t onto a bread roll and call it a day. If you’re feeling the same way, this easy-peasy vegan Sloppy Joes recipe is for you.
You might also like:
- CHOBANI YOGURT COMPANY LAUNCHING VEGAN YOGURT PRODUCTS
- THE GREAT TRANSFORMATIVE POWER OF VEGANISM
- REJECTING OVERUSED, STALE ARGUMENTS AGAINST VEGANISM
- ADD SUPER-FOOD CHIA SEEDS IN YOUR KID’S DIET FOR A HEALTHY BODY AND BRAIN
Vegan Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 14oz cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed (but any beans you have work, don’t stress)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce (I like Annie’s)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded vegan cheese
- 5 burger buns, toasted
- diced onion
- Throw a dash of oil in a pan and put in on a burner with medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.
- Chuck in the beans, water, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and chili powder.
- Crank up the heat to bring everything to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer the sloppy mixture, uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sloppy mix from the heat.
- Throw in a dash or two of salt and pepper, to your taste preference.
- Scoop onto buns and serve with toppings of your choice.
There, dinner is made. I’m on strike for an hour now.
Like this vegan Sloppy Joes recipe? Let us know your feedback in the comments below.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Choc-Chip Sugar Cookies
- Delicious Vegan Zucchini Cheddar Drop Biscuits Recipe
- Chocolate Mint Energy Cookie Recipe
- Irrisistable Vegan Smores Cookies Bars