Your taste buds are hankering for something delicious, but who has time to make elaborate vegan dishes? Not when there’s reruns on netflix to catch up on. Check out these quick and easy vegan snack and lunch recipes to hit the sweet spot!
No Bake Peanut Butter Whatever Balls
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries, raisins, or chopped dried apricots
- 2 Tbsp pepitas, sunflower seeds, or crushed walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed or chia seeds
Makes 10-14 Balls
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Using your hands, form mixture into balls.
- Place the balls onto a baking sheet and set them in the freezer for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Cover and store these in the refrigerator so that they keep their shape and texture.
- Quick and portable breakfast alongside some blackberries and bean toast!
Bacon Tempeh Lettuce Tomato Sandwiches (makes 4 sandwiches)
To make tempeh (or can purchase premade tempeh bacon):
- 8 oz. tempeh, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Prepare marinade ingredients and place tempeh slices in a shallow dish.
- Pour marinade over and let sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove tempeh and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, bake at 350 F for 7-9 minutes per side.
- Layer tempeh on thick toasted bread with leafy romaine, tomato slices, and vegan mayo and/or mustard.
- Serve alongside veggie chips or a mixed green salad.
Portobello Burgers (makes 4 burgers)
- 4 big portobello mushrooms caps 4 burger buns
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil or water
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Salt + pepper
Optional toppings: vegan cheese slices, lettuce, tomato, vegan mayo, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, onions,
- Mix together marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place mushroom caps in a shallow dish and cover with marinade.
- Let sit for 30 minutes to soak up flavor.
- Heat a grill or panini press and place mushrooms on it, reserving marinade.
- Grill 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked through and softened, adding marinade liquid as needed.
- If adding cheese, place this on mushrooms while on heat so it melts nicely.
- Assemble burgers.
- Serve alongside roasted veggies and pears.