Vegan Snacks: Crispy, Pan Fried Eggplants (Baingan Bhaja)
Being a vegan is relatively easier in India considering the plethora of traditional plant-based recipes passed down to us through generations. You can literally cook at least five different cuisines from just eggplants and a handful of spices. This crispy pan-fried eggplants recipe, popularly known as Baingan Bhaja over here, can be one of your go-to delicious vegan snacks. It is easy to cook, tastes delicious, and uses minimum oil.
You might also like:
- Icy Blue Spirulina Chia Vegan Smoothie
- B12 Supplements For Vegans
- Easy To Cook Vegan Snacks- Tofu Fritters
- A Dozen Healthy (and Easy) Snacks Your Kids Won’t Hate
- Beyond Sushi, Known For Its Vegan Sushi Rolls, Expanding to the West Coast
- How To Stay Vegan And Not Starve On An Airplane!
- Wondering Are Hot Cheetos Vegan? Find Out Here
Vegan Snacks- Crispy, Pan Fried Eggplants (Baingan Bhaja) Recipe
- 1 large eggplant cut into half inch thick slices
- 1 cup rice flour (or gram flour)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mango powder (or lemon juice)
- salt to taste (I prefer 1/2 tablespoon)
- vegetable oil for cooking
- Soak the eggplant slices in salt water 10 minutes prior to
- Rinse the slices with water and pat dry with paper towels. Make sure the slices dry off completely or the baingan
bhajawon’t be crispy.
- Take a deep bowl and mix all spices (red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, mango powder, and salt) in it.
- Coat all the eggplant slices with this spice mix and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan over medium flame. Meanwhile, transfer rice or gram flour to a wide plate.
- Take the spice coated eggplant slices, one by one, roll over rice or gram flour and fry them in the pan.
- Flip the eggplant slices to let the other side cook too. Shallow fry till they turn golden brown. Turn the heat off and spread the slices on paper towels to let them absorb excess oil.
Looking for more easy to cook vegan snacks recipes? Click here.
Did you like this crispy fried eggplants recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Tags: baingan bhaja, eggplant, fried eggplant, vegan snacks