7 easy toddler lunch ideas to try this week
Having a toddler means having a lot to do in very little time and always looking for easy toddler lunch ideas. If your toddler is anything like mine, you may be feeling like you’re always preparing food! Try out these easy recipes to change up your lunch routine and make your life easier. I always serve these meals with a side of fruit and veggies.
Our Favorite Toddler Lunch Ideas
1. Crispy tofu and broccoli. Toss tofu with some olive oil, coconut
2. Chickpea flour omelet. Combine 1 cup of chickpea flour with 1 cup of water and add your favorite spices (I add garlic powder, curry powder, paprika, and black pepper). Pour a thin layer into a hot, lightly greased skillet and fill with whatever you’d like. This is my ‘go to’ for toddler lunch ideas during the week. It’s so easy to make, and can last for days in the fridge.
3. Black bean quesadillas. You just need a tortilla, some vegan cheese, and black beans to make these. I usually use a homemade nacho cheese sauce, but any meltable cheese works.
4. Smashed white bean and avocado sandwich. For this yummy sandwich, I just mash a can of white beans with an avocado and season with garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and dill weed. Cut the bread into cute shapes using a cookie cutter if you want to make it more enticing for your toddler.
5. Kidney bean salad. My toddler enjoys this with just kidney beans, oregano, garlic powder, and black pepper, but you could also add oil, peppers, chives, etc.
6. Avocado toast. I don’t think I need to tell you how to make toast, but I usually top ours with smashed avocado, nutritional yeast, chia seeds, garlic powder, and black pepper.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN.STORE
7. Mezze platter. Sometimes I just give my toddler a tray with a variety of options like a Mediterranean restaurant. I usually do hummus on crackers, fresh and roasted red peppers, olives, etc. You can have a lot of fun with this and your toddler will enjoy it too!
Note: please make sure to cut any of these foods into an appropriate size depending on the age and ability of your toddler.
Do you have any toddler lunch ideas that you’d like to share? Drop us a line in the comments to your blog!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: