A Great Chistmas Starter, Vegan Spinach Dip
The holidays are fast approaching so it’s time to start thinking about what fabulous treats you’re going to serve at your family feast. This vegan spinach dip makes a great appetizer for any occasion. Just be quick to grab a scoop because it will be devoured in a flash.
Vegan Spinach Dip
makes about 5-6 cups
16 oz. organic frozen spinach, thawed
3 cloves of garlic
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup soaked raw cashews
1/2 cup parsley
1 cup arugula
2-3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
Splash of olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
Topping: Sprinkle of Vegan White Cheese (Daiya)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Thaw spinach
3. Soak cashews in hot salted water – for about 20 minutes. This will soften them a bit to ease the blending process.
4. Add all your ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Do a taste test and adjust seasoning as needed.
5. Pour spinach dip into a heat-safe serving dish. Top with a sprinkle of vegan cheese
6. Place in a 350-degree oven for 15 minutes. Then turn the oven on broil for 3-4 minutes to broil the top cheese layer.
7. Remove to cool for a minute. Serve warm with veggie sticks, bread squares, and rice crackers, and welcome to the best tasting you’ve had this side of Christmas!
Have a favorite vegan spinach dip you love? let us know in the comments!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: