BBQ jackfruit, black bean and kale enchiladas with vegan queso
Have you tried jackfruit yet? If not then you need to! These BBQ jackfruit, black bean, and kale enchiladas are so good you’ll love it. It’s got a meaty texture and when it’s pulled apart it looks almost like pulled pork.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
- 12 oz washed and chopped curly kale
- 15 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 20 oz canned bbq jackfruit
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ½ cup cooked black beans
- 12-15 corn or wheat tortillas of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro, jalapenos, vegan queso, or avocado to serve
- Preheat your oven to 350F and lightly coat a baking dish with olive oil.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add in your garlic and let them soften for approx a minute. Add in the kale (you may need to do this in batches) and stir continuously as it wilts down. Continue cooking until the kale has become tender, approx 5-6 minutes.
3. Stir in the lime juice, bbq jackfruit, and black beans. Mix and heat the ingredients thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
4. In your baking dish, pour 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and spread evenly and thinly. Fill each of your tortillas with about ½ cup of your jackfruit mixture. Wrap your tortillas and place them seam side down in the baking dish.
5. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Bake in the oven for approx 35-40 minutes, or until the sauce has darkened on top and the edges of your tortillas are golden.
6. Remove from the oven and serve your bbq jackfruit, black bean, and kale enchiladas topped with cilantro, jalapenos, vegan queso, or avocado as you wish.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN.STORE
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: