Chef Ed Harris’ Vegan Cauliflower Stir Fry
Shake up your weeknight dinners with this quick, easy, and delicious cauliflower-loaded take on a traditional stir fry!
This recipe from chef Ed Harris is simple and tasty, and sure to become a regular in your vegan home.
Vegan Cauliflower Stir Fry
- 2 whole cauliflower
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 1/4 cup ginger (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup onions (minced)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup vegan oyster sauce (mushroom sauce)
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 6 mint leaves (torn)
- 8 Thai basil leaves (torn)
- In a medium size sauté pan put enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan and get the oil hot. Once hot, carefully place the whole cleaned cauliflower in the pan one at a time and sear until golden on all sides.
- Removed from oil and let drain on paper towels.
- When cauliflower is cool enough to touch, cut into medium size pieces and put to the side. You will come back to it later.
- Remove excess oil and keep about 4 tablespoons in the pan. Bring the heat up over medium flame and caramelize the onions, garlic and ginger, being careful not to burn them.
- Once caramelized, add to a mixing bowl with the soy sauce, sesame oil, mushroom sauce and sweet chili sauce. Mix well.
- In a clean sauté pan, add sauce and bring to a boil over a high flame. Add the cut pieces of cauliflower and toss. Remove from heat and plate.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve and enjoy!
For more on Chef Ed Harris, check out his website.
Tags: cauliflower, Chef Ed Harris, dinner recipe, main course, plant based recipes, Plant-Based, stir fry, vegan cooking, vegan food, vegan recipe