Child Chokes On Face Mask Found Inside McDonalds Chicken Nuggets
A young girl is reported to have choked on a face mask that was inside a McDonalds chicken nugget that she was eating.
Six-year-old Maddie Arber was tucking into the meal from McDonalds in Hampshire, UK, when she part-swallowed the blue face covering.
Maddie’s mum Laura said that at least two of the 20 nuggets in the meal contained pieces of the face mask.
“It’s Clearly A Mask”
“My little daughter just started choking and I put my fingers down her throat to loop it out there was just blue with the sick. I thought what on earth is this?,” said the mother-of-four.
‘I didn’t even think it could be the chicken nugget but looked over at the box and all you could see was this blue coming out of another chicken nugget in the box of 20,” she added.
“And the mask is cooked into it, like a part of the mixture and it’s clearly a mask. You can see the seam and how solid it is in there.”
- KFC CANADA ADDS VEGAN FRIED CHICKEN TO THE MENU NATIONWIDE
- MCDONALDS CEO HINTS THAT MORE VEGAN OPTIONS COULD BE ON THE MENU SOON
- SALES OF VEGAN NUGGETS UP BY 200% SINCE START OF COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets
The concerned parent alleges that after lodging her complaint, McDonalds continued to serve the nuggets.
“I just couldn’t believe the way the management were handling it,” Arber said.
“She Could Have Died”
“What if I had walked out of the room and my daughter had choked? She could have died. It’s a split second thing.”
A spokesperson for the fast food chain said, “We are very sorry to hear about this customer’s experience.”
“Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections.”
“When the matter was brought to the attention of our staff, we apologised, offered a full refund and asked the customer to return the item so we could further investigate the matter and isolate the affected product.”
Are you surprised that a face mask was able to end up in a chicken nugget? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Tags: chicken, chicken nuggets, face mask, Fast Food, food contamination, Hampshire, mcdonalds