Crock-Pot Butternut Squash Black Bean Chili
Chili is my favorite cold weather go-to dinner, and this crock-pot butternut squash black bean chili is no exception.
I love to make it on Sundays when the football is on, I just throw everything into my crockpot and walk away. My home smells delicious all day. I’ve been experimenting with different ingredient combinations. This one turned out really nice as the sweetness of the butternut squash compliments the spice perfectly.
Serves: serves 4
Crock-pot butternut squash black bean chili
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 poblano pepper, stem
andseeds removed, and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I like to use fire roasted with spicy green chilies for an extra kick)
- 1 can black beans, (I
dontdrain mine, I find it helps to thicken the chili)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- juice of 1 lime
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Apple cider vinegear
- Grilled corn kernels
- Handful of cilantro
- Baked tortilla strips (or crumbled chips)
- Lime slices
- ollops of poblano cashew cream
- Add all ingredients to crockpot, stir, and cook on low for four hours. (If it’s too spicy for you, throw in a dash of apple cider vinegar)
Scoopyourcrock-pot butternut squash black bean chili into bowls and add toppings of your choice.
It’s that EASY!!! Enjoy.
I find that crock-pot temperatures can vary, mine gets pretty hot even on the low setting, so adjust your times accordingly. It also simmers really nicely on the keep warm setting, so it’s ok if it’s done before you’re ready to eat.
Have you made this crock-pot butternut squash black bean chili? Let us know in the comments below!
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: