Crunchy Tempeh Tenders To Liven Up Your Dinner
Calling all parents with picky eaters! This childhood meal substitute is one definitely to keep in the holster for those nights that you won’t have something quick and pleasing to their palates. Tempeh tenders are one of the tastiest not to mention one of the most versatile proteins that a vegan can eat. Throw on a crispy outside, a spoonful of your favorite dipping sauce, and you have yourself a weekly meal staple that everyone will love. My kids love to dip these in honey mustard, vegan ranch dressing, and BBQ sauce. With this recipe, the tempeh stay soft, but mushy so it is a great balance of texture. Chop these up into a salad or simply plate with steamed veggies and fries, voila dinner is served!
Crunchy Tempeh Tenders
8 ouncepackage plain tempeh
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- , tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 plant based milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup oil ( canola, vegetable, or avocado)
- Slice tempeh into 12 strips and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, mix together flour, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Slowly pour in milk and whisk until it creates a thick batter.
- In a separate dish, mix bread crumbs and parsley.
- Add all tempeh into batter mixture, making sure to coat all sides of the tempeh thoroughly.
- One at a time, place each strip into the breadcrumbs and spoon some on top. Press the tempeh down, then flip and repeat. Repeat until all tempeh is fully coated.
- On medium-high heat, add /4 cup oil to a large frying pan. When the oil is hot, add tempeh to the frying pan. Fry 2-3 minutes then flip and fry for an additional 2 minutes. Place fried tempeh on to a paper towel covered plate. Salt to taste. Enjoy the tempeh tenders hot with your favorite dipping sauce!
Have a tempeh tenders recipe you love? Share it with us in the comments!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: