Delicious Aromatic Vegan Semolina Fudge (Suji Halwa)
I am back with another Indian dessert, vegan Semolina Fudge popularly known as ‘suji halwa’. This creamy rich tasting dessert has a versatility of its own as you can adjust the sweetness meter as per your liking. Accompanied by lots of shredded almonds, cashews, raisins and pistachios, suji halwa is an aromatic mildly flavored dish which is one of the most popular ‘prasads’ offered to God.
Without much ado, let me get to the recipe
Ingredients for Semolina F
- Roasted Semolina: 1 cup
- Vegan Butter: 1/4 cup
- Sugar: As per taste (I prefer 1/2 cup for sweet taste that’s not overpowering)
- Green cardamom powder: 1 teaspoon
- Saffron: few strands soaked in almond milk
- Shredded Almonds: 2 tablespoon
- Handful of Cashews and Raisins
- Chopped Pistachios: 2 tablespoon
- Heat vegan butter in a wok over medium low flame. Add semolina and roast it until golden in color. Remember to stir or else the mixture would stick to the base of the wok. This step generally takes anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile the semolina is getting roasted, boil 2.5 cups of water in a pan.
- Add saffron and cardamom powder to the semolina and keep stirring. Reduce the flame after a while.
- Add water in small increments and stir continuously to avoid any lump formation. Exercise caution while adding water as it splutters.
- When the water gets absorbed completely, add sugar. Stir till sugar gets dissolved and you attain a semi solid consistency.
- Serve hot and garnish with shredded almonds, pistachios, raisins and cashews.
Sweet and savory semolina fudge is ready 🙂
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: