DELICIOUS SMOKEY VEGAN CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
These bite-sized wings are the perfect addition to most meals, especially when you’re having a get-together or going to a BBQ. These smokey vegan chicken wings are sure to hit the spot every time.
For the wings
- 6 ½ cups vegan chicken style broth
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten flour
- 1 tbsp vegan poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp yellow miso paste
- 1 cup hot water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 8 inch round rice paper wrappers
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN.STORE
For the rub
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- In a large pot over a medium heat, add the broth and simmer for approx 10 mins.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, nutritional yeast, poultry seasoning and salt and combine. In a measuring cup add miso and the remaining ½ cup of broth and whisk.
- Add your miso broth mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms. Is there are dry spots, add in 1 tbsp of broth at a time. Knead your dough until no more dry spots remain.
- Transfer your dough to a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 pieces. Shape your dough into wing shapes by pressing down on them with the palm of your hand.
- Place your newly made vegan chicken wings in the heated broth and simmer over a low heat for approx 35-40 minutes. Remove from the broth and let cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 6 cups hot water. Submerge a rice paper wrapper until it becomes soft and pliable. Remove from the water and place on a cutting board. Cut your rice paper into 4 equal triangles. Wrap 1 wing in each triangle and set aside to dry for approx 10 minutes. Repeat until all rice paper wrappers and wings are all wrapped.
- For the smokey vegan chicken wings rub, add all the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Coat each wing in the rub, leaving 2 tbsp for basting later.
- Place wings on a baking sheet and broil on a high heat for 8-12 minutes, turning every 2 minutes until they are lightly charred on both sides. Return your vegan chicken wings to the bowl of rub and toss gently to coat.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP