Delicious Vegan Gingerbread Waffles, Perfect For Breakfast
A good breakfast is the best way to start off your day and these delicious vegan gingerbread waffles are the perfect way to start off your day. Something you need to try this weekend!
- 1 cup
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat your waffle iron. If you don’t have one, you can always make these gingerbread waffles into pancakes, (I’ve done it a couple of times.)
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and combine. In a separate bowl, or preferably a jug, add all the wet ingredients and mix well until fully combined.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and stir well until it forms a smooth batter. Try to work out any lumps that you find in it. Your vegan gingerbread waffles batter should be a thick dripping consistency, but not too thick. If it is too thick, add in a little more non-dairy milk.
- When your waffle iron is ready, pour the waffle mixture in and cook as per instructions on the machine.
- If you’re making these as pancakes, pour into a frying pan over medium heat and cook until you see bubbles forming and popping on the surface. Flip and cook for an additional minute or two.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately with maple syrup, vegan whipped cream, or topping of your choice.
And there you have it! A super simple, yet delicious vegan gingerbread waffles recipe, perfect for your lazy fall weekend mornings.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: