Delicious Vegan Golden Banana Bread
This post contains affiliate links. Raise Vegan makes a small commission from any items purchased through this article, at no extra cost to the buyer.
Satisfy your soul with this delicious and wholesome banana bread from Plant-Powered Athlete, the new cookbook by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler, the founders of Active Vegetarian. It is moist, sweet and smells like heaven. The balance of flavors and texture is perfect, and the inclusion of turmeric gives it potent anti-inflammatory and cancer- fighting properties. An ideal reward after a hard training session!
Vegan Golden Banana Bread
High fiber | anti-inflammatory • Yields: 10 servings
Coconut oil, for pan
- 2 cups (190 g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 cup (80 g) certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup (42 g) ground flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) whole psyllium husk
- 2 tsp (5 g) ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) Date Syrup
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) raw agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
suggested add-ins (optional)
- 1 very ripe banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup (44 g) chopped vegan dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Coat the bottom and sides of an 81⁄2 x 41⁄2–inch (21.5 x 11.5–cm) loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Prepare the dry ingredients: In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine all the dry ingredients. Pulse together until well mixed, keeping some of the oats whole. Set aside.
- Prepare the wet ingredients: Place the 4 bananas into a large bowl and, using a fork, mash until smooth. Add the date syrup, agave and vanilla bean powder and mix well. Next, add the dry mixture and mix until well combined. It should form a doughlike texture due to the ground flaxseeds and psyllium husk.
- Mix in your choice of add-ins.
- Scoop the dough mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly down to remove any air pockets. If you wish, slice a ripe banana into 4 pieces lengthwise and place side by side on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Check to be sure it is thoroughly done by poking it with a toothpick in the center. The toothpick should come out clean.
- When done, remove from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan. Garnish with banana slices or chocolate, if using.
This Golden Vegan Banana Bread tastes great on its own or served with vegan butter or nut butter!
Reprinted with permission from Plant-Powered Athlete by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler, Page Street Publishing Co. 2020. Photo credit: Nikki Lefler
Tags: Banana Bread Recipe, plant based, Plant-Powered Athlete, Vegan Banana Bread