Delicious vegan red lentil dahl recipe
This delicious vegan and gluten-free red lentil dahl is the ultimate comfort food. Simple, yet comforting this dish is one of those easy dinner options that will be cooked and on the table in just 30 minutes. Perfect for during the week when you want something tasty and quick.
Ingredients for your red lentil dahl
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro roots and stalks finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 6 leaves curry
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
Method for your red lentil dahl
- In a large pot over a medium heat, add the olive oil, onions, ginger, chili, tomato and cilantro roots. Stir continuously until the onions are sweet and have turned golden, approx 5 minutes.
2. Add in your curry leaves and mustard seeds. When your mustard seeds begin to pop, add in the rest of your spices and garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. Add in your lentils, coconut milk, and vegetable stock. When it begins to bubble reduce the heat to low.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
4. Let this mixture simmer for approx 20 minutes until the lentils have collapsed and your red lentil dahl has become creamy in texture. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
5. Remove from the heat and add in the lemon juice.
6. Serve with rice or naan bread.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN.STORE
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: