Drizzle Your Salad With This Smooth Creamy Cashew Kale Dressing
If you like salads, you are going to love this cashew kale dressing. Read on to know how to prepare it…
Kale is definitely one of the best nutrient-dense super foods that you can consume. It holds amazing properties that everyone can benefit from. Anyone looking to strengthen their immune system, detoxify, or just to up their vitamin C intake kale is a great source. But getting used to the bitterness of this leafy green tends to be a feat for some. Before I ate kale salads or crispy kale chips, it was hard for me to bare the taste. I went the route of hiding it in smoothies and especially dressings. This dressing is great on fresh salads, drizzled on your favorite buddha bowl, and even heated up over your favorite pasta. This cashew kale dressing is smooth and the bitterness is undetectable. This is a great whole food plant based sauce if you are trying to keep oil out of your diet or just keeping your food clean.
Cashew Kale Dressing
- 1/2 cup unsalted raw cashews
- 1 cup fresh kale, washed, ribs removed, and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. date nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. lemon
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Soak cashews in 1 cup of hot water for 15 minutes.
- While cashews are soaking, add all ingredients except kale into a bowl. Whisk ingredients together until well combined.
- Add soaked cashews and wet ingredient mixture to a blender and blend on high for 1 minute. Add kale and blend until smooth.
Did you like this cashew kale dressing recipe? Let me know in the comments below.