healthy vegan TRIPLE-LAYERED RAW STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
Looking for a light dessert to showcase some of those fresh summer strawbs?
This lovely strawberry cheesecake by health and wellness blogger and Raise Vegan intern, Madison Amirehteshami of Maddi Made Vegan, is a deliciously creamy dessert with a smooth cashew base.
Not only is this cake gluten-free and vegan — it’s fully raw and naturally sweetened. Try this recipe today to enjoy every layer of a dessert you can feel good about.
Triple-Layered Raw Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 dates (pitted)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups cashews (soaked in cold water overnight)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (shaken)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1/3 cup grade A maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp alcohol-free vanilla extract or ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Line a 6-inch springform pan with parchment paper. You can trace a circle using the pan bottom as a template. If you don’t have a cheesecake pan, you’ll also need a strip of parchment to line the sides.
- Add the pecans, almond flour, pitted dates, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt to a food processor or high-powered blender and pulverize until a slightly sticky, but not smooth, mixture forms. Don’t over process.
- Press the crust evenly along the bottom of the parchment-lined pan.
- In the same food processor or high-powered blender, blend the filling ingredients, except for the freeze-dried strawberries, for about 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Once smooth, taste and adjust to your preference by adding more maple syrup, vanilla, or lemon juice.
- Pour 2/3 of the filling into the pan over the crust. Smooth out the top and tap the pan hard against the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Place in the freezer.
- Add the freeze-dried strawberries to the remaining batter, and blend until fully incorporated. Evenly spread over the plain layer. Tap again and return to the freezer.
- In a clean blender, blend the fresh strawberries, lemon juice, and chia seeds until smooth. Pour on top of the other layers.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours or until completely firm to set.
- Let thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving. You can run a knife under hot water and dry it for ease of slicing.
- Store in the freezer, and enjoy!
Have you tried Maddi’s strawberry cheesecake? Let us know what you thought in the comments below.
Tags: cake, cashew, cheesecake, dairy free, dessert, plant based, raw, Recipe, vegan