Know More About Benefits Of Having Fox Nuts During Pregnancy
Wondering about benefits of having fox nuts during pregnancy? Here’s a list of their benefits and ways to incorporate them into your pregnancy diet.
Fox nuts, are an excellent addition to your diet whether you are expecting, have just recently delivered, or are trying to lose the baby weight after pregnancy.
You might also like:
- BEST BABY SHOWER GAMES AND PRIZES FOR A FUN-FILLED PARTY
- FOOT SOAKS FOR SWOLLEN FEET DURING PREGNANCY
- YOUR KID’S FIRST SLEEPOVER- HOW TO HANDLE IT
- BED WETTING IN KIDS- WHY IT HAPPENS AND HOW TO PREVENT IT
Fox nuts, also known as Makhana or lotus seeds are primarily found in India, Korea, Japan, and Russia. They can be eaten cooked or raw. Fox nuts are used for nutritional and healing properties in Chinese medicine, are used in many recipes and also herbal formulas.
Fox nuts are a great source of nutrients such as: protein, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus. They are low in saturated fat, sodium, and cholesterol.
Benefits of having fox nuts during Pregnancy
- Fox nuts are a great source of protein, which helps in stimulating the development of nervous system and brain of the developing fetus. Makhana have a high fiber content which helps to avoid constipation and are easily digested.
- Fox nuts have a low glycemic index and can help lower blood sugar levels, making them great for women who have gestational diabetes.
- They can help prevent urinary tract infections.
- Fox nuts can help regulate blood pressure.
- Fox nuts are a natural pain reliever. It can relax muscles and relieve back pain during pregnancy.
Benefits of Fox nuts Postpartum
- Helps to regulate bowel movements after delivery, as well are reduce the accumulation of toxins.
- Excellent source of protein which aids in the production of breast-milk.
- Protein is essential for healthy recovery, post delivery.
For weight loss
Fox nuts are nutritionally dense yet low in calories, fat, and sodium. They make the perfect in-between-meal snack. Makhana can also make you feel full and can stop you from craving junk food.
Other Health Benefits of Fox Nuts
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants which help in fighting aging and chronic inflammation and stress in the body
- Fox nuts are believed to improve fertility in both men and women.
How To Eat Fox Nuts
- Make delicious popcorn with the flavor of your choice by adding salt, butter or maple syrup.
- Stir fry with some oil and sprinkle with spices for a yummy snack
- Can be used in sweet dishes such as pudding made from rice porridge
Got suggestions on benefits of having fox nuts during pregnancy?Let me know in the comments below.