Vegan MACACCINO CHEESECAKE BARS
These nutty, chocolatey, creamy bars are the ultimate vegan dessert and comfort food.
Try this recipe by Yasmin Wakefield from Nourishing Yas to indulge in bars so dangerously addictive you won’t soon forget them.
Featuring simple plant-based ingredients like peanut butter, coconut milk, and almonds, these delicious desserts are a treat you can feel good about.
Macaccino Cheesecake Bars
For the brownie base:
- 200g almonds
- 250g dates
- 4 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsps cacao powder
- 3 tbsps Iswari Macaccino powder (or sub extra cacao powder)
- 2 tbsps nut milk
For the cheesecake topping:
- 180g cashews (soaked for 5 minutes in boiling water)
- 90g coconut cream (the thick layer from canned coconut milk)
- 4 tbsps coconut milk
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Iswari Macaccino powder (or sub cacao powder)
- optional: 1 scoop MissFits Vanilla Protein Powder
- Line a square baking tin with grease-proof paper and set aside.
- Start by making the base; add the nuts to the blender or food processor and blitz until they reach a flour like consistency. Add the remaining base ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer the base to the lined baking tin and spread in to an even, compact layer. Pop the tray in to the freezer whilst you make the cheesecake layer.
- For the cheesecake topping, add the soaked and drained cashews, coconut cream, coconut milk, peanut butter, protein powder, macaccino powder, maple syrup and lemon juice to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and evenly spread the cheesecake layer on top of the brownie base. Return to the freezer to set for an hour.
- Leave to thaw slightly before slicing in to 9 equal bars. Enjoy!
- Store in the fridge where it will keep for up to a week, or in the freezer where it will keep for up to 3 months.
Anyone else already running to the grocery store to grab the ingredients to make these flavorful macaccino cheesecake bars? You can find this recipe and more at Nourishing Yas, as well as on Yasmine’s Instagram.
What is your secret to a delicious vegan cheesecake recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
Tags: brownie, cheesecake, chocolate, macaccino, plant based, vegan