Mushroom and Brussel Sprout Fried Rice Recipe To Try This Weekend
If you love crunchy tangy fried rice, you’ve got to try this mushroom and brussel sprout fried rice recipe.
I love take out and of course the little white boxes they come in, but sometimes all of the oil can wreak havoc on my system. Vegetable fried rice is one of my favorite dishes and I love pairing it with vegetable spring rolls for a filling take-out style dinner. The tofu scramble gives a nice texture that replaces egg ever so perfectly and the sauce is tangy but sweet. It also has a nice crunch from the raw brussel sprout shavings to give the dish a variety of textures.
Let’s get to the brussel sprout fried rice recipe.
Mushroom and Brussel Sprout Fried Rice
For the Fried Rice
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked and cooled to room tempeture
- 2 cups shaved brussel sprouts
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1/2 block of firm tofu, ( 7 oz. ) drained and water pressed out
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp. tamari
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 tbsp. tamari
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh green onion, minced
- Add all teriyaki sauce ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside for later use.
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat. When hot, add 2 tbsp. of water and mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms for about 5 minutes until water has evaporated and mushrooms are soft.
- Remove mushrooms from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Drain pan of any remaining liquid and return to heat.
- Add tofu to pan and cook for 3-5 minutes stirring frequently. Add in tamari, turmeric, garlic powder, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside with mushrooms.
- Add sauce mixture to the pan, still over medium heat. Let sauce simmer for a few minutes, stirring consistently, until it begins to become gel-like.
- Fold in rice and let heat for about 2 minutes. Add in mushrooms and tofu and let heat for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and fold in brussel sprout shavings. Top with green onion and sesame seeds.
Did you like this mushroom and brussel sprout fried rice recipe? Let me know in the comments below.