Must Try- Easy Vegan Christmas Trifle Recipe
There are many desserts synonymous with Christmas and trifle is no exception. There are a lot of steps involved in making a vegan Christmas trifle, I’ve taken out some of the steps by using store bought vegan jelly and whipped topping. It takes some of the pressure off, as I’m usually overwhelmed by cooking and baking for Christmas at this point. Delight the kids and adults alike with this delicious and easy to make trifle recipe.
And, if you’re still wondering what kind of Christmas gifts to get this year. Pick up six issues of Raise Vegan Magazine for only $29.40!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Holiday Themed Baby Announcements Ideas That You Will Love
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard are Parenting Legends
- Maternity Photoshoot Ideas
- Co-Workers Donating Vacation Days, Is Paid Maternity Leave Really This Bad?
Vegan Christmas Trifle
For the sponge
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
For the jelly
- 1 packet vegan jelly dessert
For the vegan custard
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
For the vegan whipped cream
You can make your own vegan whipped cream but I like the easiness factor of buying a tub of vegan whipped dessert topping. I use 1 tub of So Delicious dairy free coco whipped topping.
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
To make the sponge
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix in a bowl: flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder. Whisk until combined.
- Add the oil and the sparkling water. Mix the dough again.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan and add the batter. Bake for 30 minutes. Test with a wooden stick if your sponge cake is done. Extend or reduce the baking time until cake is golden-brown.
- Set aside.
To make the custard:
- Set aside 1/2 a cup of milk and pour the rest of the milk into a saucepan, add the sugar and vanilla, heat, stirring occasionally
- Add your sugar and vanilla to the pan. Heat mixture, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Warm the leftover milk and stir in cornstarch until smooth, stir in the salt and then add to the saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally as the custard thickens.
- Bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Take off from heat and set aside until it’s completely cool.
To make the jelly:
- Make the jelly according to packet instructions.
- Pour the jelly into a trifle bowl and set it in the fridge to cool.
To assemble the Vegan Christmas Trifle:
- Take out the set jelly from the fridge. Break the sponge into pieces and make a sponge layer on the top of the jelly. Add the berries and cover with a layer of vegan custard.
- Top everything with whipped cream, and the rest of the berries. Keep covered in the refrigerator for at least an hour, until ready to serve.
Now it’s officially Christmas, enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: