Raspberry Cornmeal Waffles
These waffles are perfect for little ones, teens, or basically anyone who wants a delicious, healthy breakfast. They also happen to be gluten-free, and contain zero refined flour or sugar. Live it up!
- 2 tablespoons ground flax (flaxseed meal)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: salt and baking soda
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Stir the flaxmeal with the water and set it aside for about five minutes, or until gooey and thick.
- Add the almond milk to the flax mixture and stir or whisk well.
- Add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and stir well. Preheat your waffle iron.
- Stir the raspberries into the batter and cook your waffles according to the directions on your waffle iron.
- Serve drizzled with maple or berry syrup.
If you have leftover waffles, they can be frozen individually and reheated in a toaster.
Makes 4 large waffles
A Note From The Staff At ‘Vegan Pregnancy and Parenting’
Happy Vegan Eating! Do not forget to check us out on the Main Facebook Group, where we discuss kids, pregnancy, nutrition and veganism in general. There are over thirty thousand vegan parents in our, all of them raising little vegans.
There is also a Vegan Eats For Smaller Feet, where parents get together, share recipes, swap disaster stories, and generally learn the best ways to hide the broccoli in the food for kids. So it’s worth checking out, and know that even though your kids are vegan, it doesn’t mean they’re going to suddenly love those brussel sprouts and carrot soup.
If Facebook isn’t your go to social media, we can usually be found liking far too many amazing dishes on Instagram. If you’re raising a vegan family, be sure to tag us on there for a chance for your vegan family to be featured, or amazing vegan dishes to appear on our main page!
Lastly, don’t forget to have a quick peek on Pinterest, where we pin all these amazing recipes and vegan friendly ideas. We receive over 250,000 weekly viewers on Pinterest, so we must be doing something right.
Happy Veganing, everyone! We are very happy that you have found us, and you’re raising little vegans. The world needs more people like you.
Raise humanity. Raise vegan!