Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding — Soy And Avocado Free
Is there anything more nostalgic than pudding? Probably not. Add chocolate into the mix and we’re really talking.
A recipe as good for an after-school snack with the kiddos, as for a sultry date with that special someone, dress this dish up or down and you’re sure to knock ’em out of the park every time!
Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- 2 cups of raw cashews — soaked in water for at least three hours
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- A pinch of ground sea salt
- ½ to ¾ cups of almond milk or any plant-based milk
- When the cashews are plump and squishy, drain the water and rinse them. Put them in a high powered blender along with the vanilla, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and a half of a cup of almond milk. Blend the ingredients until they’re thick and creamy. If you need to add more milk add it by the tablespoon so it doesn’t become watery. Scrape the sides so you don’t get any pieces of nuts in the pudding. You want it to be perfectly smooth and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Tags: desssert, kids treats, meat free, snack, vegan