Refreshing Vegan Mango Shrikhand To Delight Your Senses This Weekend
Mango Shrikhand is a very refreshing dessert (you can call it a thick smoothie) which is one of the easiest and quickest (if you have strained yogurt handy) Indian dishes you can prepare even on short notice. Garnished with saffron strands, shredded almond, pistachios and cashew nuts, this dessert is perfect for dinners when you are in mood for some light delightful flavors that awaken your senses in truest sense.
Mango Shrikhand has thick consistency and falls rather on the creamy side. You can use unrefined brown sugar or natural sugar supplements if you’re calorie conscious. Do not forget the saffron part, it appears skip-able while in reality, it is a flavoring agent that adds a distinct color and aroma to the shrikhand. Plus saffron offers some amazing health benefits like relief from flatulence, heartburn, PMS etc. It is also used as an aphrodisiac *wink* *wink*. Let’s get to the recipe part now.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Find Out What Forms of Birth Control are Safe to Use While Breastfeeding
- Predicted Top 25 Baby Girl Names 2019
- Vegans, Vegetarianism and Beer- All Your Doubts Answered Here
- Vegan Jerky is Going to be HUGE in 2019
Vegan Mango Shrikhand Recipe
- Non dairy yogurt: 2 cups
- Mango Puree: 1 cup
- Sugar: 1/4 cup
- Few strands of saffron: few soaked in warm water and some un-soaked
- Shredded almonds: 2 tablespoons
- Chopped pistachios and cashew nuts: 2 tablespoons
- Dried edible rose flower petals: 1 tablespoon
- Green cardamom powder: 1 teaspoon
- Strain the non dairy yogurt using a muslin cloth. Collect excess water by placing a bowl underneath.
- Pour the strained yogurt in a bowl and let it refrigerate for about 4-5 hours.
- Take the bowl out from refrigerator and stir it with a spoon. The yogurt should be of thick consistency like heavy cream.
- In a separate bowl add mango pulp, sugar, soaked saffron strands and cardamom powder to it. Mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mango pulp mix in the yogurt bowl, mixing well simultaneously.
- Serve fresh or chill in refrigerator
- Sprinkle some dried edible rose petals over it. Garnish with saffron strands and shredded almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts.
Delicious vegan mango shrikhand is ready 🙂
And, if you’re still wondering what kind of Christmas gifts to get this year. Pick up six issues of Raise Vegan Magazine for only $29.40!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: