Vegan Rice Krispies Treats: A Sweet Surprise For Vegan Kids
Rice Krispie treats are a childhood essential for many. For me, they are nostalgic of field trip school lunches and birthday parties throughout my childhood. Sweet, sticky, and perfectly crispy, there’s no reason that your vegan kids should be deprived of this yummy treat!
Although the famously-known Kellogg’s Rice Krispies and the average store-bought bag of marshmallows are in fact not vegan, with a few minor plant-based adjustments, you can make this Summer-perfect treat at home that is even better than the original thing. The best part? You can optionally add in various plant-based toppings to customize them to your liking. Are you excited to make this childhood favorite take on Rice Krispies treats at home? Continue below to see our recipe for this yummy sweet treat!
You might also like:
- CHEESY ROASTED VEGGIE QUESADILLAS
- CREPES WITH BANANA AND PEANUT BUTTER: PERFECT POWER PACKED BREAKFAST
- GUIDE TO EATING PLANT-BASED AT CHIPOTLE
- REAL LIFE TESTIMONIES OF HYPEREMESIS GRAVIDARUM; KNOW HOW TO MANAGE
- 5 TIPS FOR RAISING BILINGUAL KIDS
- GUIDE ON EATING PLANT-BASED AT TACO BELL
- OWL OAT PANCAKES- A FUN SUMMER BREAKFAST FOR KIDS
Rice Krispies Treats: A Fun, Sweet Surprise For Vegan Kids
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal/ vegan Rice Krispies alternative (I like Nature’s Path Rice Puffs)
- 1 package (10 oz) Dandies All-Natural Vanilla Marshmallows
- 3 + 1/4 tbsp dairy-free butter of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melted dairy-free chocolate
- Vegan chocolate candy
- Crushed pretzels
- Chopped nuts
- Vegan sprinkles
- Using melted 1/4 tbsp dairy-free butter, coat a quarter sheet tray generously before starting.
- Using a large pot on medium-low heat, add in the remaining 3 tbsp of vegan butter and once it melts, add in a 10 oz package of vegan marshmallows. Stir continuously without stopping until the marshmallows are melted then, add in the vanilla extract.
- Once fully mixed, take the pot off of the heat and mix in your Rice Krispies alternative until the cereal is fully coated with the marshmallow mixture. You may also add in crushed pretzels, nuts, or small chocolate candies at this point.
- Working quickly, transfer over the mixture to the buttered tray and use the back of a large spatula and parchment paper in order to create a fat, even layer.
- Transfer to the fridge and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut the treats into rectangles and remove from the tray. Optionally, you can use melted vegan dark chocolate to coat the treats (fully or partially) before adding vegan sprinkles or any other additions you would like to make. Enjoy at home or take as a kid-friendly treat to any potluck!
Will you be using this recipe to make a batch of Rice Krispies treats for your vegan kids? What is your favorite extra ingredient to add in to the recipe? Let me know in the comments below.