Simple Vegan Pizza with a Crispy Oat Crust
We all love pizza, granted. Vegan pizza — even better. That seems pretty well established at this point. But maybe — just maybe — we won’t feel super hot if we eat it at every meal, and our kiddos won’t either.
That’s where this amazing option from Niina of Vegan Niinja comes in. With fresh veggie toppings, and a heart-healthy oat crust, this is a recipe you’ll find yourself coming back to time and again. And again!
Don’t sweat it. It’s basically oatmeal.
Simple Vegan Pizza with a Crispy Oat Crust!
- 1 cup oat flour (blend rolled oats until you have a fine flour)
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds (optional: blend them until you have a fine powder)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- water (add little by little, about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup white beans
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (the liquid that is left after cooking your legumes, or in a can of chickpeas)
- fresh juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic
- 1 tbsp virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- sea salt, pepper, curry (for the colour) to taste
Vegan Pizza Toppings
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- onion and garlic
- anything your heart desires
- arugula or/and basil
- Blend together the ingredients for the cream cheese until smooth, and set aside.
- Blend or mix the dry ingredients for the pizza crust well, than add the water, little by little until it sticks together and you can knead the dough.
- Knead with your hands (let your kids help you! They will love it!) for some minutes.
- Press out the dough on parchment paper, and make a nice evenly pizza crust.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Spread out the tomato sauce and toppings on the crust.
- Bake the pizza for 20-30 minutes.
- Top the pizza with fresh herbs, arugula, and one avocado. Add your homemade cream cheese.
- Enjoy warm and with good company!
Tags: dairy free, Egg Free, meat free, Milk Free, pizza, vegan, vegan pizza