Summer Pasta Salad With Tahini Lime Dressing
Looking for a way to incorporate all of your favorite fresh summer ingredients into one meal?
This recipe from plant-based food-guru Pia, of blog Balanced & Real is a simple yet refreshing pasta salad full of whole plant foods. It’s also vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free, and an excellent source of protein.
Try this recipe today to pack heaps of fresh summer ingredients, and let’s not forget pasta, into one satiating meal.
Summer Pasta Salad with a Tahini Lime Dressing
- 320 g pasta of choice (Edamama azuki bean used)
- 2 tsp salt
- 150 g arugula
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 large cucumber, quartered lengthwise then thinly sliced
- 130 g cooked or canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 10 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, diced into bite-sized pieces
- toasted sesame seeds for serving
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Sriracha or hot sauce to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, add the noodles and salt, stir, and cook according to the package directions until al dente.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing. To a medium bowl, add the tahini, salt, a few cracks of pepper, sriracha (if using), lime juice, and water, and stir until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavors as desired, adding more tahini for creaminess, salt for saltiness, lime juice for acidity, or pepper or hot sauce for heat. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add the arugula, onion (if using), cherry tomatoes, cucumber, corn, radishes, and avocado, and toss to combine.
- As soon as the pasta has finished cooking, take it off the heat, drain it, and rinse it under cold water.
- Add the cold pasta to the bowl containing the vegetables, then pour over the dressing and toss everything together thoroughly, making sure both the pasta and dressing are evenly dispersed.
- Divide the pasta salad evenly among 4 plates or bowls and sprinkle with some toasted sesame seeds.
- Enjoy and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
What is your favorite vegan pasta recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
Tags: balanced and real, balanced&real, gluten free, nut-free, oil free, pasta, salad, summer food, tahini, vegan, vegan food, vegan food ideas, vegan recipes