Sweet and Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash
I love love love butternut
spuash. It makes the perfect side to any meal. This sweet and spicy roasted butternut squash is one of my go-to dishes any time I’m hosting a holiday dinner.
Makes 3-4 cups
- 1 medium butternut squash sliced in half, deseeded, and cubed.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Orange, juiced
- 1 Tbs red pepper flakes
- a generous sprinkle of fresh black pepper
- Sprinkling of sea salt
- 2 Tbs cinnamon
- 1 Tsp cayenne
Directions For Roasted Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep whole butternut squash by slicing in halves or quarters and removing seeds and cutting into cubes.3. Drizzle a bit of your oil in the bottom of a large casserole dish.
- Place the squash cubes in the dish. Swirl them around in the oil a bit.
- Squeeze fresh juice from one orange and drizzle it over top the squash, about 1/3-1/2 cup of juice.
- Drizzle about 1-3 Tbsp of maple syrup over squash (depending on how sweet you want it and the squash size.)
- Drizzle about 1-3 Tbsp of olive oil over the squash, again depending on how decadent or how light you want your roasted butternut squash to taste.
- Drizzle a small amount of apple cider vinegar over the squash. About 1 Tbsp.
- Sprinkle salt/pepper on top of squash flesh, to taste. Add cinnamon, cayenne and red pepper flakes here as well.
- Give a quick toss. Cover dish lightly with foil-air vent. Place in 400-degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. It should be tender and easily breakable with a fork.
- Serve in a bowl with a drizzle of the baking juices.
This sweet and spicy roasted butternut squash will make your home smell so good that your neighbors will be knocking on the door at dinner time!!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: