The best veggie ball back to school snacks
Finding simple to store and eat back to school snacks that are loaded with sugar is a feat in itself. Lunchtimes are a rush of playing, racing to the dining halls and joking with friends. That sometimes, there isn’t a lot of time left for eating.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
- 1/2 cup peas, (I like to use frozen as they are the easiest)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tbsp Oil, usually vegetable
- 1 small diced onion
- 1medium sized diced carrot
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cups of chopped spinach
- 1 15oz tin chickpeas
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
Instructions for your back to school snacks
- Boil the peas and corn together, usually if frozen, they are already cooked and are just in need of reheating and defrosting.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion, carrot, red bell pepper and spinach over medium heat for a few minutes (roughly ten) until everything is cooked.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place everything you’ve cooked and the rest of the ingredients except the oat flour into a blender and blend well. When done, add the flour in small batches so it mixed well.
- Form the dough into sizeable balls that are manageable for your kids.
- Cook in the oven for forty mins until they are brown.
- These back to school snacks can stay in the fridge for up to two days, or frozen to use throughout the week!
So simple and quick to make, but nutritious and your kids are bound to love them!
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
What back to school snacks are your go-to’s? Let us know in the comments.