Upma Recipe- A Light Nutritious Vegan Breakfast Dish
This Upma recipe is a nutritious Indian dish that is very light on stomach and ideal for weight loss diets. It is prepared from roasted semolina and can be customized to
- Semolina (roasted): 1 cup
- Asafoetida: a pinch
- Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 4
- Chopped Spring onions: 1/2 cup
- Grated ginger: 1/4 teaspoon
- Green peas: 1/4 cup
- Carrot (peeled and chopped): 1/2 cup
- Green chilies (slit and chopped): 1 tablespoon
- Bell pepper (chopped): 1/4 cup
- One large Tomato chopped
- Cilantro leaves (chopped): 2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: as per taste
- Pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil
- Water: 2 cups
Instructions For Upma Recipe
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida to it. Crackle mustard seeds in it.
- Add curry leaves and green chilies. Allow them to splutter for a few seconds.
- Next add chopped onions and ginger. Saute them till onions become translucent. This will take about a minute.
- Now add carrots, bell pepper, tomatoes and peas to the pan. Saute for about 2-3 minutes. Mix in salt and pepper.
- Add 2 cups of water to the same pan and bring it to a boil over medium high flame.
- Add roasted semolina and reduce the flame. Stir continuously to avoid lump formation.
- When the water has been absorbed completely, add lemon juice and stir again. Turn the heat off and serve hot. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Your tasty nutritious vegan upma recipe breakfast is ready. Bon appetit!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: